New Images Obtained Of Suspected Fort Hood Shooter
FORT HOOD (CBSDFW.COM) — CBS 11 has obtained an image of suspected Fort Hood shooter Ivan Lopez, who is believed responsible for Wednesday’s shooting that left three others dead and several others injured.
It is believed that the 34-year-old Lopez carried out the shooting, killing thee and wounding 16 others, before turning the gun on himself.
There is no indication that the attack was related to terrorism, though authorities are not ruling anything out at this point in the investigation.
Lopez has little history in the United States, having arrived at Fort Hood just two months ago. An investigation by CBS 11 reveals that Lopez was previously stationed in El Paso and lived in Puerto Rico before.
Lopez served one tour, four months, in Iraq back in 2011. When he returned, he diagnosed himself with a traumatic brain injury.
At the time of the shooting, he was being treated for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, PTSD, but had not officially been diagnosed.
Fort Hood Army Lt. General Mark Milley said the suspect was in the diagnosis process for PTSD and, in the meantime, was receiving specific treatment for behavior, health and psychiatric issues.
Despite his treatment, Lopez had not been assigned to the Warrior Transition Brigade at Fort Hood.
As of Thursday morning, three victims remain in critical condition at Baylor Scott and White Hospital. Two of the three are expected to undergo surgery on Thursday.
Six victims were upgraded Thursday morning from serious to fair condition.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Tarrant County Sheriff Laments How Times Have Changed For Law Enforcement
- Police Investigate Motive In Ambush Of Houston Area Deputy
- Two Apartment Residents Robbed, One Shot Sunday Morning
- Man Shot During Armed Robbery At Apartment Complex
- Turner Field US Flag At Half-Staff After Fan Dies In Fall
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures