FORT HOOD (CBSDFW.COM) — Three victims of Wednesday’s deadly Fort Hood shooting remain in critical condition Thursday morning at Baylor Scott and White Hospital.
Four people, including the suspected shooter, were killed as a result of the shooting on Wednesday afternoon at the military post in Central Texas. Sixteen others received medical attention.
Two of the critical patients are expected to undergo additional surgery on Thursday.
Doctors confirmed on Wednesday evening that nine patients were held overnight at Smith and White Hospital. Of those nine, six were upgraded this morning from serious to fair condition.
Injuries ranged from minor to life-threatening, according to doctors. Most patients suffered from a single gunshot wound — some to the chest, others to the neck.
The hospital’s blood center opens at 8:00 a.m. and is expecting a large crowd of blood donors.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Ex-Priest Arrested For Killing Of Texas Schoolteacher In 1960
- Klingberg Gives Stars 4-3 Win Over Wild In OT
- Hayward Lifts Jazz Over Mavs 121-119 In OT
- UT-Arlington Rolls Past Texas State 65-53
- Senate To Vote On Hitting North Korea With Tougher Sanctions
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures