Evenflo Recalls 1.3 Million Child Seat Buckles
NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Evenflo is recalling more than 1.3 million child safety seat buckles due to the risk children could not be removed quickly in an emergency.
The National Highway Transportation and Safety Administration said Friday that the recall includes buckles used in a number of children’s convertible and booster seat models manufactured between 2011 and 2014. This includes some of Evenflo’s Momentum, Chase, Maestro, Symphony, Snugli, Titan, SureRide and SecureKid models.
The buckle may become stuck in a latched position, making it difficult to remove a child from the seat. This could prove critical to a child’s safety in the case of an emergency.
Evenflo will alert registered owners this month and provide replacement buckles.
Regulators are also investigating the safety of one of Evenflo’s rear-facing infant seats.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hunt County Child Pornographer Sentenced To 60 Years
- Body Of Murdered Man Found Along Garland’s Duck Creek
- Lake Ray Hubbard Busy With Boaters
- Rangers Activate RHP Neftali Feliz From DL; Option Nick Martinez
- Spike In Accidental Child Drownings Seen As Epidemic
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures