HOPKINS COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) — Authorities say a tornado touched down in Hopkins County Thursday night, causing serious damage to homes and businesses.
The tornado reportedly touched down near Birthright, just north of Sulphur Springs. The storm damaged multiple homes and businesses and also knocked down the local water tower.
Lt. Brandie Solis with the Hopkins County Sheriffs Office says the Burger Barn Restaurant was destroyed, and Joe Bob’s Gas Station was seriously damaged. A local cabinet shop also received heavy damage.
“Thankfully, we’re not getting any reports of injuries,” said Solis.
Softball and grapefruit size hail were reported in Denton, causing widespread damage to cars and structures Thursday afternoon.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- RFK’s Assassin Seeking Parole For 15th Time
- U.S. Women’s Soccer Team To Be Briefed On Zika Virus
- Obama Vows To Press Ahead On Clean Power Plan After Setback
- Darvish Feeling Strong & Eager To Rejoin Rangers
- NHL Players Say Losing Teeth Is Part Of The Game
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures