FORT HOOD (AP) — Lt. Gen. Mark Milley, commander at the Fort Hood Army post in Texas, on Friday released the names of the three soldiers killed by Spc. Ivan Lopez, who then used the same .45-caliber pistol to kill himself. Milley said the shooting rampage on Wednesday at Fort Hood followed a verbal altercation.
Following are the military records of the three soldiers killed by Lopez:
DANIEL MICHAEL FERGUSON
Ferguson, 39, of Mulberry, Fla., enlisted in 1993 and was promoted to sergeant 1st class in October 2004. A transportation management coordinator, Ferguson most recently served in the 49th Transportation Movement Control Battalion at Fort Hood. Ferguson served in several overseas bases in Europe, including in Italy and Germany. He was deployed to Kuwait twice, in 2003 and 2004. Later, he served in Iraq from September 2009 to May 2010. Ferguson’s most recent overseas deployment was in Afghanistan, where he served from June 2012 to March 2013.
TIMOTHY WAYNE OWENS
Owens, 37, of Effingham, Ill., enlisted in the Army in June 2004 as a motor transport operator. Owens was a sergeant who was a heavy vehicle driver. He was most recently in the 154th Transportation Company in the 49th Movement Control Battalion in the 13th Sustainment Command at Fort Hood. Owens was deployed to Iraq from January to December 2005. Later he served in Kuwait from January to December 2010.
Staff Sgt. Lazaney-Rodriguez entered active-duty service in February 1995 as a unit supply specialist. Most recently, Lazaney-Rodriguez was a unit supply sergeant in the 21st Combat Support Hospital in the 1st Medical Brigade at Fort Hood. Lazaney-Rodriguez, who was from Aguadilla, Puerto Rico, served in Kuwait from December 1998 to April 1999. Later, he did two deployments in Iraq from April 2007 to April 2008 and then from July 2009 to July 2010.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 16-Year-Old Boy Shot In Fort Worth
- Astronaut Tweets Superb Image Of Moon Shot By Spaceship
- Tough Texas Woman Fights Off Snakes With Her Bare Hands
- Dottie Pepper On PGA Championship: ‘A Very Intimidating Layout’
- Fort Worth Firefighters Give Young Cancer Patient Day To Remember
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures