US Airways Joins Venture Between American, British Airways
Get Breaking News First
FORT WORTH (AP) – US Airways is joining the venture that lets American Airlines and British Airways work together on setting prices and schedules between the U.S. and Europe.
Fort Worth-based American Airlines Group Inc. said Thursday that US Airways will add 28 trans-Atlantic routes to the joint venture, including nonstop flights from the U.S. to 18 new European destinations.
Airlines involved in the venture, including Finnair and Spain’s Iberia, share revenue when they sell seats on each other’s flights.
American and US Airways merged in December and plan to phase out the US Airways name.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Batman Creator’s Personal Comics Being Sold
- GOP Weighs New Border Bill To Break Logjam
- Keidel: Rice Regrets, The World Forgets
- Hulk Hogan: ‘I Put A Bullet’ In Brooke’s Relationship With Dallas Cowboy
- Texas Man Gets Probation In Revenge Porn Case
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures