Florida, UConn To Start Familiar Lineups
Sports Fan Insider
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Florida and Connecticut were starting plenty of familiar faces in their national semifinal on Saturday night at AT&T Stadium.
The Gators, at 36-2 the overall No. 1 seed, were starting four seniors in Patric Young, Scottie Wilbekin, Will Yeguete and Casey Prather along with sophomore Michael Frazier II.
The Huskies, 30-8 and one of the surprises of the tournament, had seniors Shabazz Napier and Niels Giffey, juniors DeAndre Daniels and Ryan Boatright and sophomore Phillip Nolan in their first five.
Those are the same starting lineups as in their December meeting with the exception of Giffey, who came off the bench in UConn’s 65-64 win. That remains the Gators’ last loss.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Tesla Says Decision On Battery Factory Months Away
- Big Surprise For Wounded Warrior… A New House
- Rider Gets 30 Years For Attacking Fort Worth Bus Driver
- Dallas Arborteum Announces $1 Days In August
- 6 NFL Cornerbacks Who Think They’re The Best
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures