ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — The Rangers have purchased the contract of right-hander Nick Martinez from Double-A Frisco and optioned reliever Daniel McCutchen to the Texas League club.
Martinez was called up Saturday to make his major league debut as the starting pitcher that night against Tampa Bay.
Also, catcher Chris Gimenez opted to become a free agent instead of accepting an outright assignment to Triple-A Round Rock.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Trash Giants As Tank Profanely Trashes Refs
- Athletes, Entertainers Rush To Support Bullied Tennessee Boy
- Dallas Convention Center Evacuated For 2nd Time In 3 Days
- Prescott Throws 3 TDs As Cowboys Spoil Eli’s Return
- Jane Fonda Raises $1.3 Million At 80th Birthday Fundraiser
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures