Rangers Purchase Contract Of RHP Nick Martinez
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — The Rangers have purchased the contract of right-hander Nick Martinez from Double-A Frisco and optioned reliever Daniel McCutchen to the Texas League club.
Martinez was called up Saturday to make his major league debut as the starting pitcher that night against Tampa Bay.
Also, catcher Chris Gimenez opted to become a free agent instead of accepting an outright assignment to Triple-A Round Rock.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Frisco Freedom Fest Entertains Thousands On Fourth
- Historic Ft. Worth Neighborhoods Come Alive On Fourth
- Another Near Drowning In Fort Worth
- Charity-Driven Fireworks Stand Burglarized In Kaufman County
- Lake Arlington Is Packed For Fourth
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures