ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — The Rangers have purchased the contract of right-hander Nick Martinez from Double-A Frisco and optioned reliever Daniel McCutchen to the Texas League club.
Martinez was called up Saturday to make his major league debut as the starting pitcher that night against Tampa Bay.
Also, catcher Chris Gimenez opted to become a free agent instead of accepting an outright assignment to Triple-A Round Rock.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Top 10 Questions Heading Into The 2017-18 NBA Season
- Toddler Denied Kidney Transplant After Father Violates His Probation
- Olympic Champion Biles Returns To Gym With New Coach
- SEC Football Report: LSU Overcomes 20-0 Deficit
- Rep. Marino Withdrawing From President Trump’s Drug Czar Consideration
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures