ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — The Rangers have purchased the contract of right-hander Nick Martinez from Double-A Frisco and optioned reliever Daniel McCutchen to the Texas League club.
Martinez was called up Saturday to make his major league debut as the starting pitcher that night against Tampa Bay.
Also, catcher Chris Gimenez opted to become a free agent instead of accepting an outright assignment to Triple-A Round Rock.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- University Park Police Looking For Thief Seen In Viral Chase Video
- Ibaka, DeRozan Lead Raptors Past Mavericks 94-86
- Second Time In 3 Months Hulen Mall Has Been Locked Down
- Oregon Tops Kansas 74-60 To Advance To First Final Four In 78 Years
- Keating Wins Runoff Election For Frisco City Council Position
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures