ARLINGTON, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – A trio of teenaged Texans is hoping to lead the Kentucky Wildcats to the NCAA Championship tonight in Arlington.
Freshmen Julius Randle, Aaron Harrison and Andrew Harrison were all five-star recruits coming out of Texas high schools last year.
Randle is from the Dallas area where he helped lead Prestonwood Christian Academy to three state titles, while the Harrison twins hail from Richmond.
The three represent more than half of Kentucky’s scoring this season, and Aaron Harrison nailed game-winning shots against Michigan and Wisconsin to put the Wildcats in the title game.
On Saturday, Randle’s grandmother, Annie Page, traveled from Newton to see him play for the very first time.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Blue Bell Receives $500K Grant; Adds Cherry Vanilla Flavor
- 2015 Sets Record For Most Shark Attacks, With 98 Worldwide
- Manziel’s Ex-Girlfriend Says She Lost Some Hearing In Attack
- Specially Trained Brush Fire Crews Respond To Red Flag Warning
- Hundreds Show Up To Meeting On Future Of Fair Park
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures