Texas Trio Hoping To Lead Kentucky To NCAA Championship
ARLINGTON, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – A trio of teenaged Texans is hoping to lead the Kentucky Wildcats to the NCAA Championship tonight in Arlington.
Freshmen Julius Randle, Aaron Harrison and Andrew Harrison were all five-star recruits coming out of Texas high schools last year.
Randle is from the Dallas area where he helped lead Prestonwood Christian Academy to three state titles, while the Harrison twins hail from Richmond.
The three represent more than half of Kentucky’s scoring this season, and Aaron Harrison nailed game-winning shots against Michigan and Wisconsin to put the Wildcats in the title game.
On Saturday, Randle’s grandmother, Annie Page, traveled from Newton to see him play for the very first time.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- North Texas Man Could Be Sent To Death For Killing Sons
- Dallas-Area Ice Forces Cancellation Of Nearly 1,000 Flights
- No. 12 Texas A&M Loses Jones For Season
- Crashes Continue As Snow Day Turns To Night
- Snow Day Brings Accidents, Traffic, & Some Fun Across North Texas
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures