PHOTO: Romo Scores Presidential Photobomb At Final Four
Sports Fan Insider
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) — Tony Romo is typically the star attraction when appearing in Arlington at the home of the Cowboys, AT&T Stadium. But for Monday night’s National Championship game, Romo was overshadowed by a presidential presence.
Former Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton were in attendance to see Connecticut defeat Kentucky 60-54. And while Romo had a seat in front of the former presidents, he was hardly the focus of an HD video board image during the game.
Jason Witten was also a guest of Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, sitting next to Romo at Monday’s game.
Darius Rucker, who sang the national anthem; Phil Knight, the co-founder of Nike; former Connecticut Ray Allen; and Kentucky guard John Wall were among the other celebrities in attendance.
The Final Four in Arlington set attendance records, with 79,238 spectators in attendance for Monday’s title game. The NCAA also set an two-day attendance record, drawing 158,982 over two days in North Texas.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- City Considers Charging To Surrender Pets At Shelter
- Ferguson, Missouri Cops Start Wearing Body Cameras
- Large Emotional Crowd Gathers To Remember Six Killed In Crash
- Buyers & Renters In The Hunt For North Texas Housing
- Rick Perry Joins List Of Political Social Media “Fails”
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures