Plano Couple Competing To Win Million-Dollar Wedding
Get Breaking News First
NORTH TEXAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – Local Plano couple, Valentina Tran and Eric Vergati, are finalists in Brides Live Wedding and will compete to star in a celebrity-style million-dollar wedding.
Brides Magazine was the first wedding magazine Valentina Tran bought after getting engaged last fall. The couple entered the contest and to their surprise they are one of three couples competing for the wedding of their dreams
There is a catch to the million-dollar wedding, Tran and Vergati don’t get to decide any detail of what the wedding will look like, you do. Tran shared with CBS 11 that wasn’t a problem for them, “We’ve gotten a chance to look at the options and they are all fantastic so you can’t go wrong with any of them.”
Every week, America will vote on every detail of the dream wedding, from the dress to the décor. Then in May America will vote on which of the three couples will win it. But for this couple it’s about much more than winning a wedding, it’s a way to give back. Brides Magazine will donate $1 for every vote the winning couple receives to the charity of their choice. They chose the Lupus Foundation of America, a charity near and dear to Tran’s heart.
“My younger sister Victoria passed away two years ago from Lupus. We were very close, the best of friends and losing her has been the worst challenge I’ve ever had to deal with.”
“Anything we can do to bring awareness and obviously bring financial support would be truly amazing.” Vergati shared.
Win or lose, they are building a life together and building awareness, and for the future Mrs. Vergati, that’s all they need. “We just really love each other and we’ve been through some of the toughest times I could ever imagine. I feel like if we can make it through some of the things we’ve been through, we can make it through anything.”
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Fort Worth Police Recruit Gay Officers With New Video
- Dallas Police Identify At Large Murder Suspect
- Collin County Commissioner Warns of “Illegal Immigrant Tsunami”
- Police Searching For Graffiti Suspect That Tagged Church, School
- Mack Brown To Serve As ABC Studio Analyst
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures