DALLAS, Texas (1080 KRLD) – Victims of some of the worst mass casualty crimes in U.S. history are raising money for Ft. Hood.
With the help of the National Center for Victims of Crime, victims and families affected by tragedies such as September 11th, the Aurora movie theater shootings and the Sandy Hook School shootings have announced a new National Compassion Fund…and their first efforts are being directed at the victims of last week’s shooting at Fort Hood, Texas.
Executive Director Mai Fernandez talks with KRLD about how 100% of donations collected by the National Compassion Fund will go directly to the families of the deceased and those victims injured.
“We know of no other fund set up especially for mass crime victims where the public knows that every dollar they donate is going directly to those victims,” said Fernandez. “These victims will struggle to recover physically and mentally, in the months and years ahead. This Fund ensures that money generously donated by the public will go directly to them.”
To donate to the victims of Fort Hood visit the website NationalCompassionFund.org or make a donations via your mobile phone by texting “SURVIVOR” to 84465. The $10 donation will be added to your phone bill.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Many Arrested Inauguration Day Protesters Will Face Felony Rioting Charges, Prosecutors Say
- Community Welcomes Home Wylie Football Player Who Had Stroke
- A-List Celebs Out In Force For Women’s Marches
- Thousands Of North Texans March In Support Of Women’s Rights
- Some Push For Degree Reinstatement For Texas CPS Caseworkers
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures