Harrison Feels Good In Rangers Rehab Start
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
FRISCO (AP) - Matt Harrison says his second minor league rehab start was a step in the right direction as he tries to work his way back into the Texas Rangers’ rotation.
Harrison allowed three hits and one run over 4 2-3 innings Tuesday for Double-A Frisco. The left-hander struck out three with no walks, five days after his start in the RoughRiders’ season opener was shortened by rain.
The Rangers’ opening day starter in 2013 is penciled in for an April 23 return. He made only two starts last season before two operations for a herniated disk in his back, then had a setback with neck and back stiffness.
Harrison said the 62-pitch outing was the best he’s felt so far in the rehab process. He is scheduled to make two more rehab starts.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Babe’s Saturday Morning Cowboys Training Camp Report
- 1-on-1 With Dez: A ‘Hyperactive Kid’ Grows Up
- John Wiley Price Supporters Speak Out For “Our Man Downtown”
- Dashcam Captures Dallas County Sheriff Deputy’s Close Call
- Artificial Lawn Popularity Grows During Drought
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures