McKINNEY, Texas (1080 KRLD) – A police chase has come to an end with shots fired in McKinney.
According to reports, the Greenville Police Department initiated the police chase on the suspect vehicle occupied by a female with active felony warrants.
The chase eventually sped through Fannin County and the small town of Leonard, where one of their officers fired a single round striking the female passenger. The officer was uninjured.
The chase ended at the RaceTrac at University and US 75 in McKinney with the suspect taken by McKinney EMS to the hospital. Her condition is unknown.
The male driver has been arrested for evading and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
No word yet on what the suspect was wanted for or why the shooting occurred.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Army Veteran To Receive Home From Local Charity
- Vacant Elementary School Catches On Fire
- Recovery Efforts Continue For Boy Who Fell Into Brazos River
- Coast Guard Closes Neches River After Oil Spill
- Spieth Earns 8th PGA Win, 1st in Texas
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures