DALLAS (AP) – Southwest Airlines Co. says passenger traffic and a key revenue figure rose slightly last month compared with March 2013.
Dallas-based Southwest on Tuesday reported revenue for every seat flown one mile rose about 1 percent last month. That’s a closely watched figure in the airline business, and it rises when more seats are filled or average fares increase.
Passengers flew 9.6 billion miles on Southwest and its AirTran Airways subsidiary last month, up 1.6 percent over March 2013. The company increased passenger-carrying capacity by 0.8 percent by cutting flights.
That made the average flight 82.7 percent full, up from 82 percent a year earlier.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FC Dallas Rallies To Beat Dynamo 3-1
- Rahal Makes Last-Lap Pass To Win IndyCar Race At Texas
- Frisco ISD Voters Reject Property Tax Increase
- Moreland, Griffin Lead Rangers To 7-0 Win Over Indians
- Cowboys’ Ford Center Hosts Frisco ISD Football Kickoff
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures