Southwest Airlines Traffic Up In March
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (AP) - Southwest Airlines Co. says passenger traffic and a key revenue figure rose slightly last month compared with March 2013.
Dallas-based Southwest on Tuesday reported revenue for every seat flown one mile rose about 1 percent last month. That’s a closely watched figure in the airline business, and it rises when more seats are filled or average fares increase.
Passengers flew 9.6 billion miles on Southwest and its AirTran Airways subsidiary last month, up 1.6 percent over March 2013. The company increased passenger-carrying capacity by 0.8 percent by cutting flights.
That made the average flight 82.7 percent full, up from 82 percent a year earlier.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- College Football Announces Championship Weekend Events
- Rangers Place Adduci On Concussion DL, Call Up Rua
- Faber Happy To Support Teammate Dillishaw At UFC 177
- Texas Tech QB Webb Wants To Have Fun Against FCS Opponent
- CBSSports.com: Fantasy Baseball Week 23 Starts And Sits
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures