DARLINGTON, S.C. (AP) – Dale Earnhardt Jr. has more than the Sprint Cup series on his mind these days – like trying to win a Nationwide title as an owner of JR Motorsports with drivers Chase Elliott and Regan Smith.
Elliott passed Kevin Harvick late in the race to win the Nationwide event at Texas Motor Speedway last week. It left the 18-year-old Elliott and Smith 1-2 in the drivers’ point standings.
Earnhardt owns the team along with sister Kelley Earnhardt Miller and Rick Hendrick, who Dale Jr. drives for in Sprint Cup.
Earnhardt says the team has steadily grown the past few seasons and believes they’ve learned how to compete strongly each week. The next race comes Friday night at Darlington Raceway.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fielder Likely To Undergo Neck Surgery, Will Miss The Remainder Of The Season
- Keidel: The Bell Tolls For Le’Veon
- This Week in Golf: Vegas Wins Canadian Open With Closing-Round Comeback
- Van In Wreck With Dallas Cowboys Staff Bus Was Turning Left
- Fantasy Football 2016: Top 10 Wide Receivers
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures