Six Flags Expanding To Dubai
GRAND PRAIRIE (CBSDFW.COM) - Six Flags is expanding overseas to Asia. The theme park has announced a partnership to build a Six Flags themed park in Dubai.
The anticipated completion date for the project is 2017, and Six Flags will partner with Meraas Leisure and Entertainment LLC. The company is the leisure and entertainment arm of a Dubai-based real estate development company. Terms of the partnership were not released.
“The cornerstone of our international expansion strategy has always been finding the right partner in the right location and, with Meraas in Dubai, we have done exactly that,” said Jim Reid-Anderson, Chairman, President and CEO of Six Flags Entertainment. “We are honored to be working with this world-class organization as the first significant strategic step taking the Six Flags brand to growing and successful markets outside North America.”
Six Flags operates 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Arrest Made In Dallas Homicide
- Cowboys RB Murray Runs Off With Offensive Player
- Three People Wounded In Nightclub Shooting
- Hundreds Gather To Celebrate Life Of Dallas Artist Roosevelt Wilkerson.
- Former Cowboy Charles Haley Among NFL Hall Of Fame Inductees
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures