Six Flags Expanding To Dubai
GRAND PRAIRIE (CBSDFW.COM) – Six Flags is expanding overseas to Asia. The theme park has announced a partnership to build a Six Flags themed park in Dubai.
The anticipated completion date for the project is 2017, and Six Flags will partner with Meraas Leisure and Entertainment LLC. The company is the leisure and entertainment arm of a Dubai-based real estate development company. Terms of the partnership were not released.
“The cornerstone of our international expansion strategy has always been finding the right partner in the right location and, with Meraas in Dubai, we have done exactly that,” said Jim Reid-Anderson, Chairman, President and CEO of Six Flags Entertainment. “We are honored to be working with this world-class organization as the first significant strategic step taking the Six Flags brand to growing and successful markets outside North America.”
Six Flags operates 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Kroger Recalls Four Spices With Salmonella Concerns
- Jail To Release More Sandra Bland Footage Before Her Death
- Texan Spray Paints Profane Message To Get Pothole Fixed
- Donald Trump And Mark Cuban ‘Make Up’ Via Twitter
- This Week In Baseball: Coaches, Young Ballplayers Should Heed Smoltz’s Plea
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures