East Texas ‘Panty Burglar’ Strikes Again
LUFKIN, Texas (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – An East Texas intruder dubbed the area’s “Panty Burglar” may have struck again.
A burglary this week in Lufkin where the only missing items are women’s or girl’s underwear is at least the 17th such break-in over the past two years.
The latest case believed to have occurred Tuesday is the first since December.
Police spokesman Sgt. David Casper tells The Lufkin Daily News the owners of a home reported to police on Wednesday that all of the woman’s panties had been taken, including those waiting to be laundered.
Both city police and Angelina County sheriff’s deputies have been at the home to check on similarities with the previous burglaries both in the city and the county.
Casper says authorities still don’t know much more than that the underwear is gone.
In October of last year, concerns were raised after a thief burglarized a Lufkin home, taking underwear belonging to a 5-year-old.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Denton County Jail Denies Inmates In Person Visits
- Monster Truck Theft Leads Police To Auto Theft Ring
- Passenger Blames American Airlines For Wife’s Death
- Pothole Problems Will Get Worse Before They Get Better
- McKinney Girl Battling Cancer Gets Surprise Concert
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures