HOUSTON (AP) – Harris County authorities are trying to determine why a man walked through a suburban Houston neighborhood and punctured the tires of dozens of cars, causing about $25,000 in damage and leaving car owners fuming.
A surveillance video shows the man walking around vehicles parked in driveways and puncturing all four tires.
In all, at least 35 vehicles were left flattened Thursday.
A Harris County constable’s office assistant chief, Mark Herman, says 37-year-old Christopher Schreiber is in custody. He was questioned while drinking at a bar where other tires had been slashed and was arrested later after he was identified on the video.
When arrested, he had driven his truck through a field and got stuck. Authorities say he was uncooperative and was found carrying crack cocaine in a pocket.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas Sheriff: Officer Fatally Shot In Backyard Of His Home
- Verizon Buys Yahoo For $4.83B, Marking End Of An Era
- Busch Turns Weekend Into Clean Sweep With Brickyard 400 Win
- Deputies Find Thousands Of Marijuana Plants In Navarro County
- Dallas Teen Critical Following Parking Lot Gun Battle
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures