HOUSTON (AP) – Harris County authorities are trying to determine why a man walked through a suburban Houston neighborhood and punctured the tires of dozens of cars, causing about $25,000 in damage and leaving car owners fuming.
A surveillance video shows the man walking around vehicles parked in driveways and puncturing all four tires.
In all, at least 35 vehicles were left flattened Thursday.
A Harris County constable’s office assistant chief, Mark Herman, says 37-year-old Christopher Schreiber is in custody. He was questioned while drinking at a bar where other tires had been slashed and was arrested later after he was identified on the video.
When arrested, he had driven his truck through a field and got stuck. Authorities say he was uncooperative and was found carrying crack cocaine in a pocket.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 20-Year-Old Woman Dies In Head-On Crash In Joshua
- MedStar Responds To At Least 10 Rollover Crashes Due To Weather
- Police Give Gifts To Children Of Mother Killed At Dollar General During Robbery
- Woman Donates Gifts To Children In Honor Of Husband, Son
- Silvers Lifts Troy Over UNT, 50-30, In New Orleans Bowl
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures