Texan Arrested For Slashing $25,000 In Tires
HOUSTON (AP) - Harris County authorities are trying to determine why a man walked through a suburban Houston neighborhood and punctured the tires of dozens of cars, causing about $25,000 in damage and leaving car owners fuming.
A surveillance video shows the man walking around vehicles parked in driveways and puncturing all four tires.
In all, at least 35 vehicles were left flattened Thursday.
A Harris County constable’s office assistant chief, Mark Herman, says 37-year-old Christopher Schreiber is in custody. He was questioned while drinking at a bar where other tires had been slashed and was arrested later after he was identified on the video.
When arrested, he had driven his truck through a field and got stuck. Authorities say he was uncooperative and was found carrying crack cocaine in a pocket.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Some Toll Roads Suspending Fees For Snow Day
- Cowtown Marathon Cancels Saturday Races, Reschedules Sunday Races
- 16 Things You Didn’t Know About WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan
- PGA Tour To Move Match Play To Texas
- State Farm Refunding $352M To Texas Customers In Settlement
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures