HOUSTON (AP) – Harris County authorities are trying to determine why a man walked through a suburban Houston neighborhood and punctured the tires of dozens of cars, causing about $25,000 in damage and leaving car owners fuming.
A surveillance video shows the man walking around vehicles parked in driveways and puncturing all four tires.
In all, at least 35 vehicles were left flattened Thursday.
A Harris County constable’s office assistant chief, Mark Herman, says 37-year-old Christopher Schreiber is in custody. He was questioned while drinking at a bar where other tires had been slashed and was arrested later after he was identified on the video.
When arrested, he had driven his truck through a field and got stuck. Authorities say he was uncooperative and was found carrying crack cocaine in a pocket.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas ISD & Dallas Parks Training Students To Save Lives
- Texas Marijuana Advocates Push Longshot Bills With Veterans, Moms
- Nordstrom Selling Fake Muddy Jeans For Just $425
- Mega Millions Ticket Price Going Up, Odds of Winning Going Down
- A Waiting Game As John Wiley Price Jury Continues Deliberations
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures