Welding Torch Blamed In Dallas 3-Alarm Apartment Fire
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Dallas Fire-Rescue officials say the “careless use of a welding torch” by maintenance workers is to blame for a three-alarm fire that burned around 8:30 p.m. Friday at the Winsted at White Rock Lake apartments.
No injuries were reported in the fire, but a total of 30 units were burned, leaving 40 residents displaced.
The units are mostly uninhabitable because of the water used to douse the flames, not any burn damage.
The fire damage was concentrated in the attic space of the four-story apartments, CBS 11 is told.
The fire was a result of workers doing “hot work” on ‘an air conditioning conditioner mount on the roof,’ a press release reads.
The American red Cross was alerted of the incident, but apartment managers were able to find temporary homes at sister properties.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)Latest News:
- Texas Looks At Cases After Jury Convicts Man Of 3 Serial Murders
- Southlake Police Arrest Ex-Student For Alleged Threats
- I-30 Construction ‘Bumps’ Mean Repairs Will Take Longer
- Rangers Set Record For Players Used In MLB Season
- Fort Worth Ebola Survivor: ‘I Felt Like I Was Going To Die’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures