DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas Fire-Rescue officials say the “careless use of a welding torch” by maintenance workers is to blame for a three-alarm fire that burned around 8:30 p.m. Friday at the Winsted at White Rock Lake apartments.
No injuries were reported in the fire, but a total of 30 units were burned, leaving 40 residents displaced.
The units are mostly uninhabitable because of the water used to douse the flames, not any burn damage.
The fire damage was concentrated in the attic space of the four-story apartments, CBS 11 is told.
The fire was a result of workers doing “hot work” on ‘an air conditioning conditioner mount on the roof,’ a press release reads.
The American red Cross was alerted of the incident, but apartment managers were able to find temporary homes at sister properties.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)Latest News:
- Mavericks Waive Five To Bring Roster To 15
- Pop Stars And Fast Cars: Taylor Swift Plays Formula One
- Child Dies In Washington Fire; His Dog Found Huddled At His Side
- Texas Woman Sentenced To Life For Sexually Abusing Children
- Kansas State Holds On For 24-21 Victory Over Texas
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures