CHICOTA (CBSDFW.COM) – Three Paris teenagers are dead and five more people are injured after a crash that happened around 12:47 a.m. Sunday on FM 906 in Chicota.
Texas State Troopers say 18-year-old Robert Russell was driving a 2006 Chevorlet “Super-Duty” pickup truck westbound with eight people inside between the ages of 18 and 20.
The truck, for an unknown reason, left the roadway and struck a tree, prompting it to roll several times.
Russell, along with 19-year-olds Colbie Miller and Bailee Sims died at the scene. All are residents of Paris.
The other five people involved in the wreck were transported to are hospitals.
One person was taken by helicopter and was reportedly in critical condition. The other four were taken by ground ambulance, and their conditions are unknown at this time.
The cause of the wreck is under investigation.
A spokesperson for Paris ISD said all three teens who died in the wreck were PISD graduates. Russell and Sims graduated from Paris High School, while Miller attended North Lamar High School.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Ted Koppel Says Sean Hannity Is “Bad For America”
- As NFL Owners Meet, Raiders Move To Las Vegas May Happen
- Most Little Elm ISD School Buses Damaged By Hail
- Texas Republican Quits Hard-Line Freedom Caucus
- President Trump Plans Office To Bring Business Ideas To Government
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures