DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – The NBA announced Monday that Dallas Mavericks guard Monta Ellis was named as the Western Conference Player of the Week for games played from April 7-13, 2014.
Ellis earned the honors as he led the Mavericks to a 2-1 record with wins over the Utah Jazz and Phoenix Suns. He averaged 25.7 points, 4.7 assists, 4.0 rebounds, 1.0 steal and 40.0 minutes per game.
Ellis scored 37 points in the Mavs 101-98 victory over the Suns on Saturday night. That game clinched a berth in the 2014 NBA Playoffs for the Maverick
This is the 4th Player of the Week award for the 28-year old Ellis. His last honor came when he played for the Milwaukee Bucks in 2013.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Police: “Criminal Santa” Gets Stuck In Chimney During Burglary Attempt
- Ex-Wife Of Lorenzen Wright Charged With Murder In 2010 Death
- Major Media Players Start Commission For Sexual Misconduct
- Dallas Officer Arrested For Family Violence Assault
- North Texas Man Gets Surprise In Mail Box From A ‘Secret Santa’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures