DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – The NBA announced Monday that Dallas Mavericks guard Monta Ellis was named as the Western Conference Player of the Week for games played from April 7-13, 2014.
Ellis earned the honors as he led the Mavericks to a 2-1 record with wins over the Utah Jazz and Phoenix Suns. He averaged 25.7 points, 4.7 assists, 4.0 rebounds, 1.0 steal and 40.0 minutes per game.
Ellis scored 37 points in the Mavs 101-98 victory over the Suns on Saturday night. That game clinched a berth in the 2014 NBA Playoffs for the Maverick
This is the 4th Player of the Week award for the 28-year old Ellis. His last honor came when he played for the Milwaukee Bucks in 2013.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Astros Happy To Head Home After Getting Bashed In The Bronx
- Diet Soda Makers Sued Over “Misleading” Ads
- 4 People Injured In Fiery Crash Along Central Expressway
- ‘Murder Insurance’ Or Protection In Self-Defense Cases?
- Social Media Helping College Teams Start New Traditions
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures