NEW ORLEANS (AP) – The New Orleans Pelicans have waived center Greg Stiemsma and signed center Melvin Ely for the final two games of the season, beginning with Monday night’s home contest against Oklahoma City.
The 6-foot-10 Ely has appeared in 373 games over eight NBA seasons, including two seasons with New Orleans from 2007 to 2009. He’s averaged 5.3 points and 3.3 rebounds in 16.0 minutes per game during his NBA career.
He’s played most of this season and last for the Texas Legends in the NBA Development League. He’s averaged 15.8 points and 5.5 rebounds with the Legends this season.
Stiemsma, a three-year veteran acquired as a free agent, played in 55 games this season for the Pelicans, averaging 2.9 points, 4.1 rebounds, and a block in 18.3 minutes per game.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Survey Finds U.S. Honeybee Losses Improve
- GLAAD Reports Slim Increase In LGBTQ Film Characters
- Lawsuit Alleges GM Cheated On Diesel Pickup Emissions
- Caroline Kennedy Says She’s Missed JFK Every Day Of Her Life
- Why’d A Turtle Cross The Road? To Lay Eggs On The Other Side
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures