FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Police in Fort Worth are searching for a suspected hit-and-run driver, and have now turned to the public for help. The incident took place at around 8:35 p.m. on Friday night in the 700 block of Tierney Road.
According to investigators, a pedestrian was walking northbound in the middle of the street when he was struck by a vehicle. Instead of stopping to render aid, the suspect fled from the scene. Witnesses last spotted the vehicle heading north at East Lancaster Avenue.
The victim was transported to a local hospital, where he died about an hour later. The name and age of the man have not been released.
Police are now looking for the suspect and the dark-colored pickup truck which was involved in this hit-and-run incident. Anyone who may have information about this case is urged to contact the Fort Worth Police Department at 817-335-4222 or Crime Stoppers at 817-469-TIPS.
- Bathroom Choice Debate Intensifies In North Texas
- Mosquitofish Inexpensive Ally In Zika Virus Fight
- Faksa Has Goal And Assist, Stars Beat Blues 2-1 In Game 1
- Cowboys’ Jaylon Smith – A Medical Risk But ‘Never Doubt God’
- Tornado Damages Buildings In East Texas
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures