FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Police in Fort Worth are searching for a suspected hit-and-run driver, and have now turned to the public for help. The incident took place at around 8:35 p.m. on Friday night in the 700 block of Tierney Road.
According to investigators, a pedestrian was walking northbound in the middle of the street when he was struck by a vehicle. Instead of stopping to render aid, the suspect fled from the scene. Witnesses last spotted the vehicle heading north at East Lancaster Avenue.
The victim was transported to a local hospital, where he died about an hour later. The name and age of the man have not been released.
Police are now looking for the suspect and the dark-colored pickup truck which was involved in this hit-and-run incident. Anyone who may have information about this case is urged to contact the Fort Worth Police Department at 817-335-4222 or Crime Stoppers at 817-469-TIPS.
- JPMorgan Raising Wages, Hiring, Expanding
- Twitter COO Anthony Noto Resigns To Lead Social Finance Inc.
- Report: One Killed, Several Wounded In Kentucky High School Shooting
- Kimberly-Clark To Cut At Least 5,000 Jobs In Attempt To Lower Costs
- “The Shape Of Water” Leads Oscar Nominations With 13 Nods
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures