FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Police in Fort Worth are searching for a suspected hit-and-run driver, and have now turned to the public for help. The incident took place at around 8:35 p.m. on Friday night in the 700 block of Tierney Road.
According to investigators, a pedestrian was walking northbound in the middle of the street when he was struck by a vehicle. Instead of stopping to render aid, the suspect fled from the scene. Witnesses last spotted the vehicle heading north at East Lancaster Avenue.
The victim was transported to a local hospital, where he died about an hour later. The name and age of the man have not been released.
Police are now looking for the suspect and the dark-colored pickup truck which was involved in this hit-and-run incident. Anyone who may have information about this case is urged to contact the Fort Worth Police Department at 817-335-4222 or Crime Stoppers at 817-469-TIPS.
- Congress Cracks Down On “Bots” That Snap Up Concert Tickets
- Final Rules For K-12 Standardized Testing Released
- Surgeon General Calls Youth ‘Vaping’ A Public Health Threat
- Texas Tech Defeats UTSA 87-50 For 5th Straight Win
- Hampton Scores Season-High 21 In Texas A&M’s Victory Over Denver
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures