CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) – Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, a potential Republican presidential contender in 2016, is again visiting South Carolina.
Cruz is scheduled to speak Tuesday at the Free Enterprise Foundation’s annual awards dinner at The Citadel. The foundation, based at the state military college, is a research institution dedicated to fostering a greater understanding of free enterprise.
It’s the third time in a year that Cruz has visited South Carolina, site of the South’s first GOP primary in 2016.
He spoke last November in Columbia, cultivating relationships with religious conservatives. Cruz also was in the state last May, addressing the annual state GOP dinner.
Cruz is the second 2016 GOP contender to visit the state in as many days. Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum was in the state on Monday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Swift Water Rescues Keep McKinney First Responders Busy
- Tarrant Co. Deputy Rescued In Dangerous High Waters, Driver Still Missing
- Late Push Lifts Syracuse Past No. 25 Texas A&M, 74-67
- Houston-Area Man Accused Of Setting Fire To Girlfriend
- Thief Steals Package Off Porch, Security Camera From Doorway
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures