CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) – Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, a potential Republican presidential contender in 2016, is again visiting South Carolina.
Cruz is scheduled to speak Tuesday at the Free Enterprise Foundation’s annual awards dinner at The Citadel. The foundation, based at the state military college, is a research institution dedicated to fostering a greater understanding of free enterprise.
It’s the third time in a year that Cruz has visited South Carolina, site of the South’s first GOP primary in 2016.
He spoke last November in Columbia, cultivating relationships with religious conservatives. Cruz also was in the state last May, addressing the annual state GOP dinner.
Cruz is the second 2016 GOP contender to visit the state in as many days. Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum was in the state on Monday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 2 San Diego Police Officers Shot, 1 Fatally
- Hamels Dominates, Moreland Homers Twice In Rangers Win
- North Texas Congressman Reacts To KRLD Investigation Into Security Lapse At DFW Airport
- State Fair Food: Think Bacon Egg Rolls, Edible Cola, Fried Jell-O
- Clinton’s Pledge: Steady Hand At ‘Moment Of Reckoning’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures