DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas resident Deborah Reed was near the finish line when the bombs went off at the 2013 Boston Marathon.
Reed’s daughter, Jaulik Watkins, was running in the marathon, and Reed recounted her experience to KRLD’s Chris Sommer.
Reed estimates she, her husband and her son-in-law were about a half-block from the second explosion on April 15, 2013.
Reed says they were inside a food court when the bombs went off, and she believes their location may have saved their lives.
Watkins was forced to stop running just blocks short of the finish line, but she will run the 2014 Boston Marathon on Monday.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Veteran Dallas Police Officer Needs A Kidney Transplant
- More Finger Pointing As Paxton’s Trial Expected To Cost $2M
- 4-time Pro Bowl RB Arian Foster Retires
- First Day Of Early Voting Way Ahead Of Past Two Elections In North Texas
- Analysts Doubt Texas Is A Toss-Up State
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures