DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas resident Deborah Reed was near the finish line when the bombs went off at the 2013 Boston Marathon.
Reed’s daughter, Jaulik Watkins, was running in the marathon, and Reed recounted her experience to KRLD’s Chris Sommer.
Reed estimates she, her husband and her son-in-law were about a half-block from the second explosion on April 15, 2013.
Reed says they were inside a food court when the bombs went off, and she believes their location may have saved their lives.
Watkins was forced to stop running just blocks short of the finish line, but she will run the 2014 Boston Marathon on Monday.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Flooded Homeowners Sue Houston, Alleging Negligence
- Police Arrest Man After High Speed Chase With Infant
- Good Samaritans Help Police Subdue Man Being Investigated By Feds
- Mansfield Twins Take Top Two Graduating Honors
- Security Tightens At 2 Arlington Schools After Racist Graffiti Found
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures