Vigil Held For Victims Of Jewish Community Center Shootings
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - The Dallas Peace Center has announced a vigil for the victims of a hate killing at a Jewish Community Center in Overland Park, KS last Sunday.
“Our hearts are broken. We decry the violence and bow our heads in grief for the victims and their families,” said president of the board of the Dallas Peace Center John Fullinwider.
The vigil takes place Tuesday at The Kennedy Memorial in downtown Dallas from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
“A hate crime is a hate crime, whether the target are individuals or large populations of a particular faith, ethnicity or race. This is an undeniable and unambiguous example of a hate crime,” according to Former Director of the DPC, Lon Burnam.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- 5 Texas Counties Won’t Meet New Ozone Standard
- Whole Foods Recalls Vegan Pumpkin Pies
- Top 5 Holiday Scams And How To Avoid Them
- Secret Santa Surprises Saginaw Family With Decoration
- It’s The Annual ‘Black Pieday’ At Fort Worth Pastry Shop
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures