Vigil Held For Victims Of Jewish Community Center Shootings
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - The Dallas Peace Center has announced a vigil for the victims of a hate killing at a Jewish Community Center in Overland Park, KS last Sunday.
“Our hearts are broken. We decry the violence and bow our heads in grief for the victims and their families,” said president of the board of the Dallas Peace Center John Fullinwider.
The vigil takes place Tuesday at The Kennedy Memorial in downtown Dallas from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
“A hate crime is a hate crime, whether the target are individuals or large populations of a particular faith, ethnicity or race. This is an undeniable and unambiguous example of a hate crime,” according to Former Director of the DPC, Lon Burnam.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Tornado Sirens Malfunction; Disrupt Neighborhood
- DISD Fires Coach For Alleged Involvement In Illegal Recruiting
- Exploding Shower Doors A Problem In Texas & Nationwide
- British Ebola Survivor Donating Blood To Patient In Atlanta
- Man Pinned Under DART Train Survives
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures