Vigil Held For Victims Of Jewish Community Center Shootings
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - The Dallas Peace Center has announced a vigil for the victims of a hate killing at a Jewish Community Center in Overland Park, KS last Sunday.
“Our hearts are broken. We decry the violence and bow our heads in grief for the victims and their families,” said president of the board of the Dallas Peace Center John Fullinwider.
The vigil takes place Tuesday at The Kennedy Memorial in downtown Dallas from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
“A hate crime is a hate crime, whether the target are individuals or large populations of a particular faith, ethnicity or race. This is an undeniable and unambiguous example of a hate crime,” according to Former Director of the DPC, Lon Burnam.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Talk Of Closing Olive Street In Downtown Dallas
- Zebra Mussels Move Into Denton Water System
- Top 5 Starting Rotations If The Playoffs Started Today
- Teen Defies Odds; Lives Well Past Doctor’s Prognosis
- Preparations For Unaccompanied Children Comes To Screeching Halt
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures