DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The Dallas Peace Center has announced a vigil for the victims of a hate killing at a Jewish Community Center in Overland Park, KS last Sunday.
“Our hearts are broken. We decry the violence and bow our heads in grief for the victims and their families,” said president of the board of the Dallas Peace Center John Fullinwider.
The vigil takes place Tuesday at The Kennedy Memorial in downtown Dallas from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
“A hate crime is a hate crime, whether the target are individuals or large populations of a particular faith, ethnicity or race. This is an undeniable and unambiguous example of a hate crime,” according to Former Director of the DPC, Lon Burnam.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Miracle Preemie Baby Back Home In Arlington
- Notorious Dallas Rapist Is Now A Wanted Fugitive
- Police Investigate Third Bias Crime In Oak Lawn
- New Cowboys Get Old (Famous) Jersey Numbers
- Ballet Dancer Misty Copeland Now Has Her Own Barbie Doll
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures