FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – State senator and candidate for Texas governor Wendy Davis will undergo routine neck surgery tomorrow, according to a statement released by her campaign office.
The surgery will correct an issue often experienced by runners says Communications Director Zac Petkanas.
“After experiencing shoulder and right arm pain in recent weeks, Senator Davis will have a routine surgical procedure to remove bone spurs and degenerative discs that are creating compression on the nerves in her neck. This is a common issue experienced by runners and endurance athletes,” said Petkansas in a written statement.
The surgery, “an anterior cervical discectomy with fusion at discs C5-7” will be performed as an outpatient procedure by Dr. Thomas Ellis of Fort Worth Brain and Spine Institute.
Sen. Davis will return to the campaign trail after the Easter holiday.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Kings Derail Dallas, 112-98
- ‘Fake’ Parking Attendants Targeting Popular Dallas Neighborhoods
- CBS11 I-Team: Inspections Missed On Local Flood Control Projects
- Dallas Man Says He Was Kicked Off Flight Because Crew Was Uncomfortable
- Attacker Who Gouged Out Man’s Eye Back On Street
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures