Once-Conjoined Twins Leave Dallas Hospital
DALLAS (AP) - Conjoined twins separated last summer have been released from the Dallas hospital that’s been their home since birth.
The 9-month-old boys born joined at the abdomen were released Wednesday morning from Medical City Children’s Hospital. They will now go to a local inpatient rehabilitation center.
Owen and Emmett Ezell were separated at the hospital last August. The babies shared a liver and intestines.
Their mother, Jenni Ezell, says the boys are doing “really well.” She says they’re sitting up on their own and “flirt with all the girls that come in.”
Officials say the boys are no longer being fed intravenously but continue to be fed through tubes in their abdomens. They are also breathing on their own with the help of a trachea breathing tube.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arrest Made In Dallas Homicide
- Cowboys RB Murray Runs Off With Offensive Player
- Three People Wounded In Nightclub Shooting
- Hundreds Gather To Celebrate Life Of Dallas Artist Roosevelt Wilkerson.
- Former Cowboy Charles Haley Among NFL Hall Of Fame Inductees
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures