MCKINNEY (CBSDFW.COM) – A physical education coach from the Plano Independent School District was sentenced Monday to 12 years in prison for molesting one of his young students. Todd Reich was an instructor at Hunt Elementary School in Murphy between the years 2005 and 2012.
The sentence stems from a 2009 incident involving a 9-year-old girl who was in Reich’s physical education class. The 40-year-old Plano resident would find ways to be alone with the student, prosecutors said. He would hug the victim, touch her breast and force the girl to touch his genitals. The student acted as the coach’s helper, delivering messages to other kids and putting away equipment after class.
Reich was also previously reprimanded by school officials for emailing the young girl.
However, the case was not discovered until 2012, after the victim had moved to another school. She reportedly then watched a video that talked about inappropriate touching, and told officials about what had happened with Reich.
The coach was convicted on two counts of indecency with a child, and sentenced to six years behind bars for each offense. He will be eligible for parole in six years.
- On The Hunt For Hatchimals? Here’s Help
- How To Spot A Fake Shopping App
- Animal Services On Patrol For Pets Left In The Cold
- Former President George H.W. Bush Commemorates Pearl Harbor’s 75th Anniversary
- Giraffes, Rarer Than Elephants, Put On Extinction Watch List
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures