Texas A&M QB Joeckel To Transfer
COLLEGE STATION, Texas (AP) – Texas A&M quarterback Matt Joeckel will leave the school to try and use his final year of eligibility elsewhere.
Joeckel has graduated from A&M and won’t have to sit out before playing elsewhere.
He appeared in five games last season and started A&M’s opener when Johnny Manziel was suspended for the first half against Rice.
Joeckel threw for 293 yards and two touchdowns in 2013.
The move leaves the Aggies with freshman Kyle Allen, who was rated the top quarterback prospect in the nation, and sophomore Kenny Hill to compete for the job left open when Manziel declared for the NFL draft.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- DeMarco Murray To Play, Doug Free Inactive Vs Colts
- Ellis Leads Mavs Over Spurs In Rondo’s Debut
- Allen Wins 3rd Straight State Title
- Colts At Cowboys Week 16 Live Radio Play by Play
- Colts Deciding Who Plays After Clinching Division
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures