Now the Academy has announced that tickets for that event — the 50th anniversary ACM Awards — is already sold out.
And it wasn’t just your run-of-the-mill sellout: some 70,000 tickets flew out the door in 18 minutes.
Related: See the 2014 ACM Award winners list
Tickets sold included the ACM Awards ceremony itself, which is to be held April 19, 2015 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, also also the ACM Party for a Cause, which is scheduled for the two previous nights (April 17-18) at Globe Life Park, which is also in Arlington. Globe Life Park is home to the Texas Rangers, while AT&T Stadium is home to the Dallas Cowboys.
“We want to thank the fans for their continued support. This sale was unprecedented and far exceeded our expectations,” said Bob Romeo, CEO of the Academy. “We’re working hard to plan more events to accommodate as many fans as we can. Country music is alive and well in North Texas!”
The 50th annual ACM Awards will be broadcast live from Arlington, Texas on Sunday, April 19, 2015 on CBS.
- Pantera Drummer, Co-Founder Vinnie Paul Dies At 54
- Some Immigrants Seeking Asylum Want To Make North Texas Home
- Texas Senators: Balance Zero-Tolerance And Compassion
- Dallas Stars Select Forward/Center Ty Dellandrea With 13th Pick Of NHL Draft
- Coming To America: Legal Or Not, Getting Here Is No Easy Task