WASHINGTON (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Chelsea Clinton says she and her husband are expecting their first child later this year.
The daughter of former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton announced at a Clinton Foundation event in New York that she and her husband, Marc Mezvinsky, are “very excited” to be having their first child later this year.
The former first lady says she’s “really excited” about becoming a grandmother and it makes the work of empowering future generations even more important.
The 34-year-old vice chairman of her family’s foundation made the announcement at the end of an event on empowering young women.
Chelsea Clinton said last year in a magazine interview that she hoped 2014 would be “the year of the baby.”
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fire Started By Lightning Consumes Collin County Home
- Depp’s Daughter Defends Him After Abuse Allegations
- Warriors Know Game 7 With Thunder Won’t Be Easy
- Rookie Driver Rossi Stretches Gas To Win Indy 500
- Truex Dominates NASCAR Race In Charlotte
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures