NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) – New rules for Texas bingo halls are on hold.
The Lottery Commission has delayed making a decision about the use of video confirmation of pull-tab tickets – which critics say would open the door to slot machines in Texas.
The agency delayed the video confirmation idea and a plan to allow multi-play pull-tab bingo tickets.
Supporters have said the changes would mean more money for charitable groups while opponents say it would amount to casino-style gambling.
The Texas Lottery Commission Chairman told a packed house Wednesday that the issue isn’t going away but no date’s been set for another look at the proposals.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- New Recycling Plant In Dallas Meant To Make Process Easier
- Frisco Mom & Sunday School Teacher Dies Helping Stranger
- Dallas VA Patients Return For Appointments After Bomb Scare
- Ex-US Rep. Stockman Indicted For Misusing Donations
- Fort Worth To Expand Technology To Track Heavy Rainfall
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures