NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) – New rules for Texas bingo halls are on hold.
The Lottery Commission has delayed making a decision about the use of video confirmation of pull-tab tickets – which critics say would open the door to slot machines in Texas.
The agency delayed the video confirmation idea and a plan to allow multi-play pull-tab bingo tickets.
Supporters have said the changes would mean more money for charitable groups while opponents say it would amount to casino-style gambling.
The Texas Lottery Commission Chairman told a packed house Wednesday that the issue isn’t going away but no date’s been set for another look at the proposals.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- At Least 1 Dead After Commuter Rail Crash In New Jersey
- PepsiCo Sees Sales Growth In Both Drinks & Snacks
- Prison For Former Texas TV Reporter Convicted Of Stalking
- Did Landmark Laws From Congress Enable High Drug Prices?
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Books Getting A Digital Enhancement
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures