More Charges Added In South By Southwest Crash
AUSTIN (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — A driver already charged with capital murder now is facing additional charges weeks after he plowed into a late-night crowd during the South By Southwest festival in Austin.
Travis County jail records showed Friday that 21-year-old Rashad Owens of Killeen is accused of four new counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. He’s facing 20 previous counts of the same charge.
Authorities have said Owens accelerated through the crowd March 13, killing two people and leaving more than 20 injured. Two others later died of their injuries. Police say Owens was fleeing a patrolman and driving down a closed street when the crash happened.
He was charged with capital murder days after the incident.
He remains incarcerated and his bail has swelled from $3 million to $5.1 million.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- My Favorite Course: Dave Shedloski
- Texas AG Being Investigated For 1st Degree Felony Securities Fraud
- Elderly Mesquite Man Missing
- Texas Man Accused Of Homeless Shelter Assault In Colorado
- States Reach Oil Spill Settlement With BP
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures