Rangers Send Scheppers To DL With Elbow Issue
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – Texas Rangers right-hander Tanner Scheppers has been put on the disabled list because of elbow inflammation after moving into the rotation from the bullpen and making four starts.
Scheppers said Friday he’s had discomfort in his pitching elbow since the end of last season, when he led the team with 76 appearances in his second season in the bullpen.
General manager Jon Daniels said an MRI showed no structural damage. Scheppers will take 10 days off, then start a throwing program.
Scheppers was Texas’ opening day starter because Yu Darvish had a neck strain, Scheppers is 0-1 with a 9.82 ERA.
Texas selected the contract of left-hander Aaron Poreda from Triple-A Round Rock and made room for him on the 40-man roster by designating infielder Andy Parrino for assignment
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Obama’s Executive Action On Immigration Elicits Praise And Anger
- Parents Urged To Talk To Their Children About Sexual Predators
- Homeland Security Chief On Texas Border After Immigration Order
- North Texans Taking Special Steps To Protect Packages
- Texas Woman: Detectives Ignored Mardi Gras Rape
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures