ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – Texas Rangers right-hander Tanner Scheppers has been put on the disabled list because of elbow inflammation after moving into the rotation from the bullpen and making four starts.
Scheppers said Friday he’s had discomfort in his pitching elbow since the end of last season, when he led the team with 76 appearances in his second season in the bullpen.
General manager Jon Daniels said an MRI showed no structural damage. Scheppers will take 10 days off, then start a throwing program.
Scheppers was Texas’ opening day starter because Yu Darvish had a neck strain, Scheppers is 0-1 with a 9.82 ERA.
Texas selected the contract of left-hander Aaron Poreda from Triple-A Round Rock and made room for him on the 40-man roster by designating infielder Andy Parrino for assignment
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- AP Sources: US To Approve Keystone XL Pipeline
- NCAA Tournament Results And Conference Perception
- Sweet 16 Newcomer South Carolina Faces Baylor In East Region
- Wisconsin Returns To Sweet 16 To Face No. 4 Seed Florida
- Gonzaga, Arizona Try To End West Coast Final Four Drought
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures