ARLINGTON, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Arlington Police say a 17-year old girl died early Saturday morning in the 1500 Blk of S. Cooper after falling from the SUV she was a passenger in – and being stuck by the vehicle.
According to police a group of five people had been in an SUV traveling southbound on S. Cooper Street, when 17-year-old Lelys Leyva-Monreal began hanging out an open window of the vehicle.
Witnesses at the scene told police one of her friends tried unsuccessfully to pull her back inside the vehicle, but for an unknown reason she exited through the window while the car was still in motion.
She was struck by the SUV after exiting the vehicle.
Police reports say when the driver initially stopped the SUV, the three remaining occupants went to check on the victim. However, the driver returned to the SUV and drove away, leaving the victim and the three people who were at the scene when officers arrived.
Officials say alcohol is being investigated as a possible factor in this incident.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas Auction House Sells Coin Donated To Church For $517,000
- Wait Continues As Price Trial Deliberations Enter 8th Day
- Rangers Slugger Gallo Showing He’s More Than Just Big Hitter
- Dallas Stars Re-Sign Mattias Janmark
- United Moves To Ease Criticism With Settlement, New Policies
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures