17-Year Old Dies After Falling From Moving SUV In Arlington
ARLINGTON, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Arlington Police say a 17-year old girl died early Saturday morning in the 1500 Blk of S. Cooper after falling from the SUV she was a passenger in – and being stuck by the vehicle.
According to police a group of five people had been in an SUV traveling southbound on S. Cooper Street, when 17-year-old Lelys Leyva-Monreal began hanging out an open window of the vehicle.
Witnesses at the scene told police one of her friends tried unsuccessfully to pull her back inside the vehicle, but for an unknown reason she exited through the window while the car was still in motion.
She was struck by the SUV after exiting the vehicle.
Police reports say when the driver initially stopped the SUV, the three remaining occupants went to check on the victim. However, the driver returned to the SUV and drove away, leaving the victim and the three people who were at the scene when officers arrived.
Officials say alcohol is being investigated as a possible factor in this incident.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- I-35 Express Project Should Bring Needed Relief
- Texans File Suit Over Bar-B-Que Smoke Smell
- ‘Animated’ Dez Bryant Explains Fight With Tyler Patmon At Cowboys Camp
- Officials: Teen Arrested After Patrol Car Set Afire In Texas
- GOP Hopeful Ted Cruz To Visit Tupelo, Olive Branch Aug. 11
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures