FRISCO, Texas (AP) – Second-half substitute Blas Perez scored in the 88th minute to lift FC Dallas a 2-1 victory over Toronto FC on Saturday night.
Perez entered in the 70th minute for David Texeira and scored his third goal of the season when the ball fell to his feet 3 yards from the goal line following a long ball in.
The Panamanian rifled the shot off Toronto goalkeeper Julio Cesar’s right foot and into the net to give Dallas (5-1-1) an MLS-best 16 points.
Dallas set a franchise record with 16 corners in the game, scoring its first goal from one of the set pieces in the 36th minute when Matt Hedges headed in a Michel corner.
Toronto (3-3-0) opened the scoring in the 21st minute when Issey Nakajima-Farran one-timed a second-chance effort past Dallas goalkeeper Chris Seitz, with the ball glancing slightly off Dallas midfielder Je-Vaughn Watson on the way.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Concerning Phone Store Burglar DPD Asks — Do You Know Him?
- NRH Releases Latest Restaurant Health Inspection Scores
- Jordan Spieth: The Target Inside And Outside The Ropes
- Dallas Man Sentenced To 30 Years For Role In Meth Ring
- New Hampshire Voters Brave Snow To Cast Ballots
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures