ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — The Texas Rangers have put outfielder Jim Adduci on the 15-day disabled list with a fractured left little finger.
Texas made the move before Saturday’s game against the Chicago White Sox, when infielder Luis Sardinas was recalled from Double-A Frisco.
Adduci was injured when he slid headfirst into second base Friday night. He stayed in the game and added two hits after that in his first start of the season.
The earliest Adduci could return to the active roster is May 4. He is hitting .462 (6 of 13) in his nine games this season.
Sardinas, who is looking to make his major league debut, is 20 years old. He would be the youngest player to appear in the majors this season.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Infant’s Death Inspires Family To Give Back During Holidays
- Texas H.S. Coaches ‘Starting the Conversation’ About Sexual Assault
- Appeals Court Halts Execution For Dad Who Killed Daughters
- Man Charged With Murder After Stabbing At Job Placement Center
- Mumps Immunizations Required For Returning Cleburne Students
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures