ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — The Texas Rangers have put outfielder Jim Adduci on the 15-day disabled list with a fractured left little finger.
Texas made the move before Saturday’s game against the Chicago White Sox, when infielder Luis Sardinas was recalled from Double-A Frisco.
Adduci was injured when he slid headfirst into second base Friday night. He stayed in the game and added two hits after that in his first start of the season.
The earliest Adduci could return to the active roster is May 4. He is hitting .462 (6 of 13) in his nine games this season.
Sardinas, who is looking to make his major league debut, is 20 years old. He would be the youngest player to appear in the majors this season.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Confusion As To Whether Trump Could Favor ‘Softening’ Immigration Stance
- Elementary School Not Finished For 1st Day, Parents Upset
- Meet The North Texas Teacher Who Cancelled Homework
- Trump Ends Texas Trip With Rally In Austin Tonight
- Man Admits Using KiK App For Child Porn; Gets 60 Month Sentence
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures