ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — The Texas Rangers have put outfielder Jim Adduci on the 15-day disabled list with a fractured left little finger.
Texas made the move before Saturday’s game against the Chicago White Sox, when infielder Luis Sardinas was recalled from Double-A Frisco.
Adduci was injured when he slid headfirst into second base Friday night. He stayed in the game and added two hits after that in his first start of the season.
The earliest Adduci could return to the active roster is May 4. He is hitting .462 (6 of 13) in his nine games this season.
Sardinas, who is looking to make his major league debut, is 20 years old. He would be the youngest player to appear in the majors this season.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- “Deepwater Horizon” Film Shows Disaster’s Human Toll
- Safety A Big Topic With The State Fair Of Texas Just 3 Days Away
- Pence Breaks With Trump, Says Humans Affect Climate Change
- Cuban Responds To Trump’s Tax Comments
- LSU Firing Les Miles Now Makes No Sense
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures