ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — The Texas Rangers have put outfielder Jim Adduci on the 15-day disabled list with a fractured left little finger.
Texas made the move before Saturday’s game against the Chicago White Sox, when infielder Luis Sardinas was recalled from Double-A Frisco.
Adduci was injured when he slid headfirst into second base Friday night. He stayed in the game and added two hits after that in his first start of the season.
The earliest Adduci could return to the active roster is May 4. He is hitting .462 (6 of 13) in his nine games this season.
Sardinas, who is looking to make his major league debut, is 20 years old. He would be the youngest player to appear in the majors this season.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Garland Auto Repair Shop Around For 20+ Years Burns
- Burger King Adds Hot Dogs To Menu This Month
- Eight Fire Departments Battle Wildfire In Celina
- Advocates Say Exxxotica Expo Encourages Sex Trade
- Massive Free Medical Clinic for Underserved Returning To Dallas
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures