DALLAS, Texas (AP) – Forward Jordan Tolbert is transferring from Texas Tech to SMU, with the Mustangs hoping he will be eligible to play next season.
Tolbert averaged 10.7 points and 5.7 rebounds in three seasons as a starter. He was the second-leading scorer and rebounder for the Red Raiders this past season. He led Texas Tech at 11.5 points and 5.7 rebounds per game as a freshman.
Texas Tech coach Tubby Smith released Tolbert from his scholarship, and SMU is seeking a waiver that would make him eligible next season. Otherwise, Tolbert will have to sit out until 2015-16.
The Mustangs were surprisingly left out of the NCAA tournament and reached the championship of the NIT, losing to Minnesota in Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown’s second season.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Surveillance Video Shows Speeding Problem On Duncanville Street
- Building Codes Require New Schools To Include Tornado Shelters, But Many Won’t Have Them
- Dallas Mom Survives Stray Bullet To The Head
- Flooded Homeowners Sue Houston, Alleging Negligence
- Police Arrest Man After High Speed Chase With Infant
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures