FOREST HILL (CBSDFW.COM) – Police in Forest Hill are investigating the shooting of a 10-year-old boy at a home early Sunday morning. The incident was reported at around 1:00 a.m. in the 4700 block of Richard Street.
According to the Forest Hill Police Department, officers were called to the home in regards to a domestic disturbance. But when they arrived at the scene, they learned that the child had been shot once in the hip. He and his mother had already left for the police department, seeking help with the wound.
The boy was treated by medics at the police department before being transported to a nearby hospital. His current condition is not known.
Officers at the home were able to take the shooting suspect into custody. He has been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and family violence.
- Minnesota Gets Regular PGA Tour Stop In 7-Year Deal
- Kuzma Thanks The Rock For Helping Him Add Muscle
- Sheriff: Texas Deputy Sexually Abused 4-Year-Old Undocumented Immigrant
- Chris Cornell’s Daughter Shares Their Duet On Father’s Day
- WHO Classifies ‘Gaming Disorder’ As Mental Health Condition
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures