FOREST HILL (CBSDFW.COM) – Police in Forest Hill are investigating the shooting of a 10-year-old boy at a home early Sunday morning. The incident was reported at around 1:00 a.m. in the 4700 block of Richard Street.
According to the Forest Hill Police Department, officers were called to the home in regards to a domestic disturbance. But when they arrived at the scene, they learned that the child had been shot once in the hip. He and his mother had already left for the police department, seeking help with the wound.
The boy was treated by medics at the police department before being transported to a nearby hospital. His current condition is not known.
Officers at the home were able to take the shooting suspect into custody. He has been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and family violence.
- Officer Hospitalized After Vehicle Crashes Into Patrol Car
- Authorities Investigating Shooting At Dallas Police Substation
- Fort Worth Native, Actor Bill Paxton Dies At 61
- Noel Makes Debut; Mavericks Defeat Pelicans 96-83
- 2 Sisters Meet Each Other For The First Time
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures