Romo & Cowboys Begin OTA Workouts
Cowboys CentralBuy Cowboys Tickets Shop for Cowboys Gear NFL Scoreboard
Sports Fan Insider
IRVING (105.3 THE FAN) – Tony Romo celebrates his 34th birthday today and his gift from the football gods? He is cleared to participate in today’s start of voluntary offseason activities with the rest of his Dallas Cowboys teammates.
The Cowboys quarterback underwent season-ending back surgery in December before the final regular-season game. The team expected Romo to spend about three months in recovery and rehab, a process that continues during the next two weeks of OTAs with a focus on strength and conditioning.
The CBA prohibits coaches from being involved in this portion of the OTAs, and Romo’s actual on-field activities are likely to be very limited. But today marks an important beginning of a process for Romo, who has undergone back surgeries in each if his last two offseasons.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Suspect Search Closes Fort Worth School
- Outdoor Warning Siren Malfunction Alarms Fort Worth Residents
- Thursday Night Football Fantasy Starters: Vincent Jackson, Matt Ryan And Julio Jones
- Police: Suspect Kills Man In Ex-Girlfriend’s Dallas Home
- Dempsey Makes Name In Sports Car Racing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures