Dallas Man Sentenced For Pot Smuggling Ring
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (AP) - A Dallas man has been sentenced to 17½ years in prison for helping lead a marijuana trafficking ring headquartered in North Texas.
Sylvespa Eugene Adams is one of 17 people who have pleaded guilty for their roles in the drug operation. He was sentenced in federal court in Dallas on Monday.
According to court documents, Adams said he conspired with others to distribute more than 100 kilograms of marijuana. Authorities say that the drug operation sent couriers to Tucson, Ariz., to pick up marijuana and transport it back to Dallas in checked suitcases on commercial airlines. Prosecutors say the ring also grew marijuana.
Prosecutors say the 31-year-old Adams will also be required to forfeit the proceeds of his criminal activity, including four houses in Dallas and seven luxury vehicles.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- American Airlines Fares Back On Orbitz After Deal
- College Football Announces Championship Weekend Events
- Rangers Place Adduci On Concussion DL, Call Up Rua
- Garage Explosion Kills 1, Injures Another
- Federal Judge Halts Key Part Of Texas Abortion Law
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures