Dallas Man Sentenced For Pot Smuggling Ring
DALLAS (AP) - A Dallas man has been sentenced to 17½ years in prison for helping lead a marijuana trafficking ring headquartered in North Texas.
Sylvespa Eugene Adams is one of 17 people who have pleaded guilty for their roles in the drug operation. He was sentenced in federal court in Dallas on Monday.
According to court documents, Adams said he conspired with others to distribute more than 100 kilograms of marijuana. Authorities say that the drug operation sent couriers to Tucson, Ariz., to pick up marijuana and transport it back to Dallas in checked suitcases on commercial airlines. Prosecutors say the ring also grew marijuana.
Prosecutors say the 31-year-old Adams will also be required to forfeit the proceeds of his criminal activity, including four houses in Dallas and seven luxury vehicles.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas Auditor Criticizes Program Run By Schools
- Mother’s Intuition Screamed ‘Predator’ After Run-In With Child Abuser
- Traffic Alert: TxDOT Switching Lanes ON 75
- Traffic Switch Has Driver After Driver Crashing Into Berry Street Median
- 103-Year-Old North Texas Woman Fights To Keep Her House
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures