DPS Urges Online Renewal Of Your Driver’s License
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) – Renewing a Texas driver’s license doesn’t necessarily mean waiting in long lines or prepping your best photo ID look for the camera.
The Department of Public Safety on Tuesday urged residents to renew online and beat the typical summer rush at driver’s license offices.
DPS Director Steven McCraw says many Texans can opt for online and phone renewal of licenses and ID cards.
To be eligible, the card holder must be a U.S. citizen. The expiration date on the card must be within one year.
DPS also operates mega centers in the Austin, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio areas. A queuing system allows users to reserve a spot in line before going to a DPS center.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Airports Prep For Holiday Parking
- Lewisville ISD Educator Arrested For Improper Relationship
- Denton Residents Uneasy After Home Invasion Ends In Murder
- Cowboys Victory Makes Playoff Tickets A Hot Christmas Gift
- North Texas Police Have Safety Concerns After NYC Police Murders
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures