Cowboys Add Caleb Hanie To Grab-Bag QB Group
IRVING, Texas (105.3 THE FAN) – The Dallas Cowboys continue to grab-bag at quarterback with Wednesday’s signing of former Bears QB and DFW native Caleb Hanie to a one-year contract.
Hanie joins Brandon Weeden on the list of younger vet quarterbacks on the roster behind Tony Romo (coming off back surgery) and No. 2 guy Kyle Orton (a no-show so far at this week’s voluntary workouts).
Orton’s camp has denied talk of him considering retirement; his absence is fueling speculation that Orton may desire an upgraded contract.
Hanie, 28, played high school football for Forney. Hanie, 6-2, 222, has had brief stints with the Broncos, Ravens and Browns.
Hanie can be considered an “arm” for Dallas’ upcoming OTAs more than a prospect who’s signing would preclude the Cowboys’ drafting of a quarterback — a possibility that has long existed from first-round candidate Johnny Manziel on down.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Off-Duty Abilene Police Officer Found Dead In Home
- Teen Holding Gun While Taking ‘Selfies’ Fatally Shot
- No More Locked Fire Hydrants In Lavon
- Prosecutor: 2nd Video Emerges Of Deadly Shooting By Deputies
- City Worker Destroys Youth Soccer League’s Goalposts
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures