DALLAS, Texas (1080 KRLD) – Dallas Police responded to a call early Wednesday morning about a stabbing on Hamilton Avenue, a few blocks south of Fair Park. When they arrived, they found a woman dead.
According to police 43-year old Felicia Jones was found stabbed to death. Her 72-year old disabled boyfriend told police he stabbed her to defend himself…during a fight over a Hover-Round electric wheelchair.
Officials say he said he loaned her his Hover-Round to go the store and back. When she didn’t return it fast enough they got into a fight. Police say she hit him with a wooden cane and came at him with a knife. He grabbed a knife and stabbed her when she rushed at him.
DPD Sr. Corporal Demarquis Black says no charges have been filed yet because Jones had already been charged with injuring him before..and there was once even an emergency protective order issued against her.
A grand jury will now determine if any charges will be filed.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Former Bait Dogs Rescued, Returned To Rightful Owners
- Downtown Dallas Restaurants Show Police Appreciation With Free Food
- Facebook Fashion Fail: Deceptive Ads On Feeds Not Worth It
- Forget Romance: Many Trying To Catch Partners Cheating On Valentine’s Day
- Family Forced Out After Gas Explosion In Their Lakewood Home
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures