Richard Petty Set To Return To Track At Richmond
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Richard Petty is scheduled to return to the race track this weekend for the first time since the March 25 death of his wife, Lynda.
The seven-time NASCAR champion and Hall of Fame driver missed races at Martinsville, Texas and Darlington as he mourned the loss of his wife. The Pettys were together 57 years.
Trent Owens, crew chief for Richard Petty Motorsports driver Aric Almirola and Petty’s nephew, believes being back at the track in Richmond, Va., will be good for “The King.” Owens says Petty has been at the shop recently and in good spirits.
Almirola said Petty will give a lift to the organization at the track. The driver spent Tuesday with Petty at an appearance in Nashville, Tenn., and found his boss’ spirits to be improved.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 8 To Challenge Smith For NFLPA Executive Director
- Rangers Sign LHP Joe Beimel For 2015
- Video: Scouting 101 With Bryan Broaddus – Offense Part 1
- ‘Million Dollar Man’ Ted DiBiase: WWE Really Paid For My Million-Dollar Lifestyle
- 30 Players: Eovaldi Should Bloom At Back End Of Yankees Rotation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures