DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Cody Eakin and Alex Goligoski scored on Dallas’ first two shots in the third period and the Stars beat the top-seeded Anaheim Ducks 4-2 on Wednesday in Game 4 of the best-of-seven series that is all even now.
Even without captain Ryan Getzlaf, a surprise late scratch with an upper-body injury, and healthy scratch Teemu Selane, the Ducks jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first period.
But the Stars, who got physical at home at the American Airlines Center after a pair of one-goal losses in Anaheim to start the series, dominated the rest of the way.
Game 5 is Friday night in Anaheim, and Game 6 is Sunday in Dallas.
Dallas captain Jaime Benn scored off a faceoff only 27 seconds into the second period, his third goal in the series.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- College Football Playoff COO Gets 3-Year Extension
- Baylor Says NCAA Investigation Is “Ongoing, Pending”
- Dallas Officer Turns Himself In After Being Charged In Death
- Federal Judge Considers Fate Of Texas ‘Sanctuary Cities’ Law
- AP Source: Stars Waive Goalie Niemi And Plan To Buy Him Out
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures