FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — TCU wide receiver Brandon Carter has been charged with marijuana possession following a traffic stop in Fort Worth on Tuesday.
TCU athletic officials on Wednesday did not immediately comment on the arrest of Carter, who has not taken part in spring practices for academic reasons.
Fort Worth police say Carter, who is from Euless, was driving a four-door Lexus registered to Alexis Harris, the passenger in the vehicle. Officers conducted a traffic stop after the license plate showed two outstanding warrants for Harris.
Carter was arrested for allegedly possessing less than 2 ounces of marijuana. The 22-year-old Harris, a former TCU women’s soccer player, was arrested on the traffic warrants and possession of marijuana.
The senior finished the 2012 season with 36 catches for 590 yards and six touchdowns.
In 2013, he reeled in 31 catches for 370 yards before being granted a leave of absence from the team in November.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Traffic Study Ranks World’s Most Clogged Cities
- How Often Have Athletes Snubbed The White House?
- Big Rig Crash Closes Highway In Farmers Branch
- Dallas Police And Fire Pension Board To Consider Plans To Save Fund
- Possible Tornado Damages Homes In San Antonio Area
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures