WASHINGTON (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Texas Gov. Rick Perry says he hasn’t made a decision on whether or not to run for president again in 2016.
But the Texas governor made one thing clear on CBS “This Morning” — he needs more preparation.
Perry says he learned a lot when he ran last time, calling it a humbling experience.
The Republican governor says he recommends not having major back surgery six weeks before you start running. And he says that whether he runs for president or not, preparation on foreign policy, economics and other issues will serve him well.
Perry had a lot of support when he ran in 2012. But he entered the race late and lost his edge after making several verbal blunders during the GOP debates.
The Texas governor is in New York this week for the second time promoting Texas business.
On Tuesday, Perry challenged his New York counterpart, Gov. Andrew Cuomo, to a debate over economic policy.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Teacher Allegedly Paid Student Hush Money After Sex
- Dallas Plans To Help Businesses In Fair Park
- Arlington Police Department Wins Photo Contest
- Police: Man Admits To Deadly Stabbing During Argument
- Dutch Government Wants To Counter Trump With Abortion Funds
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures